Monday 2 November 2015

Back Like A Vertebrae

Over the last few months I have been on the brink of quitting the hobby totally, even got to the point of speaking to a guy about a massive job lot.  

All of this because of some raging manchild....for anyone interested I was in the local GW about 5 months ago playing my friend Ben in a game of 40k when an argument broke out on the table next to us between a pair of guys about some 40k rules, argument went on and resulted in a socially inept manchild raging and smashing up about £200-£300 worth of his own Skitartii and Marines and storming out.  

Now I game purely for relaxation after work and enjoying time with my friends......now that shit is NOT relaxing at all infact stressful as I have to be mindful of that c**t so I stopped everything hobby related other than a painting obligation I had.  Literally something in my head just switched off! 

Then Forgeworld released the Knight Atrapos...................

between the Atrapos release and some of my friends talking "off the ledge" as it were, I find myself refreshed/invigorated/motivated and ready to get my hobby on!

Since I have returned I have painted Manus Ferrus for a mate, although due to a problem with my camera not being compatible with Windows 10 I was unable to get photos of it before I gave ti to him, but to be fair I am not that concerned as it was tabletop standard for someone else so doesn't really fit in with my own projects.  I have also started work on the first of 6 knights, 5 of which I have had for absolutely ages, these I have been looking forward to for a while and I find it odd I have not tackled these previously........

Oh and the Superheavies I finished something like 5 months ago have finally received photographs :D  I was photographing all the superheavies for someone on a white background so I got a few of the Highwayman and Steel Nymph so I have posted those also

So what most people are actually bothered about, pictures.......

Group shot!!



Hellhammer - "Morningstar"











Next up, the repainted Shadowsword - "Iron Saint"







Next the repainted and renamed Stormblade - "Ironbound" (such a better name than that pigswill Light of the Emperor)







Then we have some retakes of the Baneblade - "Steel Nymph"










and finally the Stormsword - "Highwayman"








and done........

Be good 

Damien

4 comments:

  1. Manchildren are getting everywhere these days, aren't they, Dee? ;)

    Oh, and T/T shite, my arse! lol :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Scott, will I ever live that T/T shite comment down......probably not :D

      League of Manchildren Against Social Etiquette have spies everywhere I tell you, it will be too late if we dont take a stand now! :P

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear some idiot hasn't put you off the hobby for good. I have been checking every so often to see what you were up to, now I understand, there is nothing worse than seeing the ugly side of the hobby you love. The tanks are fantastic, looking forward to seeing where the Atrapos takes you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ben. I am a little disappointed with myself to allow the actions of some bellsniff to affect my hobby but it is what it is. Sadly the Atrapos was over ordered/under stocked at FW and it only shipped yesterday, set for delivery by Dave the UPS guy sometime today :D But I am balls deep in the other knights currently so it will have to wait till I finish the Gallant, probably early next week

      Delete